Climate-KIC Sparks Lecture : Health, food and water – The need for innovations and new strategies in a changing climate
Location: Lund University, Sweden - Malmömässan, Mässgatan 6, Hyllie, Malmö.
Date: 24 October 2017
Time: 19:00 to 20:30
The IPCC working group for the Special Report on Global Warming of 1.5 °C had a working meeting in Malmö in October 2017. Lund University seized this opportunity to invite some of the authors for a panel discussion together with researchers from Lund University and societal representatives. The evening focused on the link between climate change and how it affects our health - both when it comes to having access to clean water, enough food, avoiding contagious diseases, building resilient cities etc, Do we need new innovations and new strategies to cope with these challenges?
Moderator:Adam Leckius, International Coordinator PUSH Sweden, B.Sc. student (PPE) at Lund University
Participants in the panel:
- Prof. Kristie Ebi, University of Washington, Department of Global Health
- Director. Aromar Revi, Indian Institute for Human Settlements (IIHS)
- Prof. Petra Tschakert, The University of Western Australia, School of Agriculture and Environment
- Prof. Lennart Olsson, Lund University, Lund University Centre for Sustainability Studies LUCSUS (Appointed Coordinating Lead Author for the chapter on land degradation in the IPCC Special report on Climate Change and Land)
- Prof. Kenneth M. Persson, Lund University, Division of Water Resources Engineering
- Sofia Lindegren, Medical Doctor, Institution for Occupational and Environmental Medicine, Sahlgrenska Academy & Swedish Medical Associations Workinggroup for Climate and Health
Education manager incharge: firstname.lastname@example.org
More information: https://www.climate-kic.lu.se/node/123