What is a Spotlight Course:
The Spotlight courses are short and comprehensive educational programmes, ranging from 1-3 days. The programme focuses on a specific innovation or transition challenge – and aims to increase specific competencies (knowledge, skills, attitudes) for climate innovation. Key questions of the courses shall thereby be:
- How to overcome specific barriers of climate innovations?
- How to structure and manage climate innovations?
- What are existing solutions / alternatives? How can I adapt them to my context?
The thematical focus will be in the context of the four Climate-KIC themes, namely “Urban Transitions”, “Sustainable Production Systems”, “Decision Metrics and Finance” and “Sustainable Land Use” – or a more generic/ cross sectoral topic on climate innovation. The exact design and thematically focus may vary from course to course based on the partners offer and Climate-KIC’s priorities. All trainings entail a combination of theoretical knowledge and real-life cases and challenges. If applicable the courses are supported by online modules.
What is the objective?
Climate-KIC Professional education courses are international, stimulating and practitioner-oriented. Main skills and competencies trained within our Professional Education Programmes seek to enable practitioners to think outside the box, and create new climate innovative solutions to own or peer’s challenges.
In detail, the courses shall address the following:
- To generate the competencies needed to manage entrepreneurship for a climate friendly development in their respective sector.
- Give an overview of existing alternatives to structures, solutions and technologies and enable participants to adapt them to their context and thus avoid duplicating efforts.
- To deliver competency development for managing and scaling (systemic) innovation– including multi-stakeholder management and trans-disciplinary communication.
Courses will be held in English and usually focus on a European or International level.
Circular economy Italy – sustainable and renewable energy use in Bologna, Italy
Step Into Innovation in Valencia, Spain