Rerun: Fundamentals of Systems Innovation and Systems Facilitation
- April 20, 2020, 10:00 am - April 30, 2020, 5:00 pm ( CEST )
- ONLINE TRAINING
- NO TICKETS AVAILABLE
Systems Innovation is an approach to explore complex challenges and to catalyse transformative change. This approach is for example adopted in EIT Climate-KIC’s Deep Demonstrations. Systems Innovation is also about harnessing the talent and knowledge of a group of stakeholders. In this course, Systems Innovation is introduced and a practical approach to conducting a systems innovation project with a few foundational tools is explored. This training complements the online systems innovation training by putting systems innovation into practice. We will also look at the importance of mindset and how systems innovation competencies can be fostered.
The experience will be fully online. We will offer those in modules of 2 hours each that will be spread across a few days (20, 21, 24, 30 April 2020), with maximum two modules per day.
Specific Topics that will be addressed in this training
- Concept of Systems Innovation: value, approach and terminology
- The importance of context in determining innovation approaches
- Why ‘Systems Innovation’ is a lifelong learning journey, and requires transformation of self
- Fundamental questions to approach any systems innovation project
- Application of Systems Innovation in EIT Climate-KIC, e.g. portfolio strategy and Deep Demonstrations
- Putting systems innovation into practice – practice with a selection of tools from the systems innovation toolbox.
- How to support others in building systems innovation competencies
Please note: THIS IS AN ONLINE COURSE: The online modules will have the same objectives and breadth of topics as previously announced. However, in some areas we will not go as deeply into details as we have initially planned.
The course is an experiential learning opportunity. Participants will ‘learn by doing’ along a set of challenges and contexts, including their own ones. This enables participants to take the learnings and tools into their own work. An essential part of the learning process will be related to reflecting with oneself and others, and to share learnings and thoughts with each other.
Participants will leave the training with:
- An understanding of the Systems Innovation approach, and the application in the Climate-KIC context.
- A detailed template to conduct a systems innovation project.
- Tools to explore complex challenges, such as the Deep Demonstrations of EIT Climate-KIC
- A practice to operationalize systems innovation thinking
- An understanding about how competencies to orchestrate systems innovation can be created over time.
- Confidence to start experimenting with systems innovation approaches in their own work and context, and to start helping others to build systems innovation competencies.
Day 1 - Monday, April 20 10:00-12:00 CET
Day 2 - Monday, April 20 15:00-17:00 CET
Day 3 - Tuesday, April 21 10:00-12:00 CET
Day 4 - Tuesday, April 21 15:00-17:00 CET
Day 5 - Friday, April 24 15:00-17:00 CET
Day 6 - Thursday, April 30 15:00-17:00 CET
Please note the following
- The online training modules will be complemented by short homework exercises that need to be done between the modules.
- You do not need specific knowledge about online tools to join. All participants will receive a briefing on time about the online tools we will use and how to set-up yourself digitally to participate.
- The learning process requires continuous participation. Registrants need to commit to attend all modules of one course, which adds up to around two days including the homework.
- If you register, please have in mind that you might take a seat that someone else would have been interested in as well. So please register only if you are sure that you can attend the course fully. We consider to apply a ‘no show fee’ of 400 EUR in case someone is not attending without good reasoning.
Please contact Francisco Baptista for more information @ email@example.com
EIT Climate-KIC is Europe’s largest public-private innovation partnership, working together to address the challenge of climate change. It drives innovation in climate change through creative partnerships large and small, local and global, between the private, public and academic sectors. All Climate-KIC partners bring their industry experience to the community and are connected through the centers across Europe.
Systems Innovation train-the-trainers goes online - We will be offering this course as online learning experience free of charge.
We decided to cancel the Systems Innovation training weeks due to the coronavirus situation and offer them online. It was not an easy decision but the only possible one to take, as it is important that we support all the efforts taken by our societies to slow-down the infection rate of the virus and to protect the most vulnerable ones around us
Please note that spots are limited and registrations will be assessed as they come in. Registration is only open for Network of Coaches members and Journey/Pioneer coaches.
The learning process requires continuous participation. Registrants need to commit to attend all modules of one course, which adds up to around two days including the homework. We consider to apply a ‘no show fee’ of 400 EUR in case someone is not attending without good reasoning.
Deadline for registration is April 6, 2020 (12:00 noon CET)