Can Climate Smart Agriculture help farming meet the challenges of climate change?
Global warming is a reality so it’s vital that our societies and industries respond to the changing climate. Can farming meet this challenge? Explore the principles and practical applications of Climate Smart Agriculture: mitigation of greenhouse gas emissions, adaption to climate change and stable or increased food production in the context of European dairy farming and wine production. How does farming impact on global warming and greenhouse gases? What are the barriers to adopting CSA and how can these be addressed?
Can Climate Smart Agriculture help farming meet the challenges of climate change? Global warming is a reality so it's vital our societies and industries respond to the changing climate. Can farming meet this challenge?
THE FUTURE OF FARMING: Exploring Climate Smart Agriculture
How can we adapt farming to an uncertain future? Could the answer be Climate Smart Agriculture? Find out with this course!
JOIN THIS COURSE
This course is FREE and you can register for it now. The next session will start on 24th of September 2018.
What topics will you cover?
- Climate change and greenhouse gases
- The interactions between climate change and agriculture
- Food security
- Climate Smart Agriculture: history, principles and examples
- Different views on the food production system.
- The basics of milk production, cow husbandry, digestion and herd management
- Greenhouse gas emissions and the possibilities for reducing them, within dairy farming
- The importance of plants for our atmosphere
- Other forms of sustainable farming
- Possible options for reducing energy consumption.
- The basics of wine production
- General, sustainable crop management practices
- Problems for the wine industry created by climate change
- Possibilities for adapting the wine industry to climate change
- Examples of how data can be used to help make decisions in agriculture
- Critical views regarding Climate Smart Agriculture.