Sustainable cities – responsible leadership
Effective cooperation for the development and implementation of sustainable solutions for European cities
20 – 25 November 2017
An intensive, six-day course aiming at increasing the capacities of practitioners to frame the transition in European cities towards more sustainability. The course will equip you with the tools, knowledge and skills to lead your own innovative and transformative Projects and adapt effective solutions.
A gaming approach will allow you to work on real problems, develop your own ideas, and draw on the experience of international experts who have successfully implemented radical city innovations. The experts will share their know-how on transformative processes carried out in specific sub-systems (such as energy, mobility, waste, and water) and show how these Subsystems are linterlinked in the broader context of the city.An intrinsic part of the course is intensive e-learning support (pre and after the course).
The basis for the experiential learning is the Energy Transition Game developed by the Centre for Systems Solutions. The open game environment recreates the most important aspects of real-world energy transition processes, allowing the participants to try out various strategies and their effects in a complex multi-actor system.
What we offer:
You will gain competencies to define your problem, find possible solutions, and apply transition thinking, initiating changes in practice. In particular, you will::
- Work on your own project and develop the implementation strategy
- Learn from international experts and case studies on transformative projects
- Get to know how to use tools and approaches encouraging innovative thinking
- Build a professional network of innovative change leaders that will remain in place after the course
- Practice leadership skills
- Understand different perspectives and the barriers to systemic change.
Who can take part?
The course is geared towards participants with the following background:
- Sustainable business - sustainability managers
- Private investors and companies (building, renovation, transport, communication, etc.) - entrepreneurs & CEOs, people responsible for strategic oversight
- Knowledge transfer companies i.e. Climate-KIC, business development managers, CSR managers
- Project managers, R&D practitioners, PR managers
- City-wide central heating providers – project managers, strategy experts
- Cities’ representatives.
Fees and registration
Course fee: EUR 2,000.
- Course fees cover participation in the workshop, workshop material, food during the workshop and any site vists.
- A 50 % discount on the regular fee is available for Climate-KIC partners, public institutions, Climate-KIC alumni and NGOs.
- Participation can be cancelled free of charge until four weeks before the course. Fees already paid will be reimbursed. 50% of course fees are payable in case of cancellation later and up until one week before the course. Full fees apply in the case of cancellation less than one week before the course.
Climate-KIC values diversity and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of age, gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or ethnic background.
Grant applications are possible for participants of EIT Regional Innovation Scheme (EIT RIS) including residents of the following countries: Bulgaria, Cyprus, Estonia, Latvia, Malta, Portugal, Romania, Serbia and Slovenia.
Grants cover the participation fee, workshop material, catering during the workshop and any site vists
Please note that there is a limited unmber of places and applications will be processed on a first come first served basis. The deadline for applications is 31 October 2017.
For further enquiries, please contact Joanna Sabat: email@example.com