19 - 20 October 2017
This short course will introduce participants to three essential elements of a successful project: firstly identifying the climate-change and other benefits of technological innovations; secondly evaluating the economic and financial feasibility of a proposed project; and finally identifying stakeholders and options for project financing. Entrepreneurs in climate-friendly technologies must understand new agents in the financial markets, such as investment funds and private equity companies and how they differ from traditional sources of finance.
Participants will gain a basic understanding of how to analyze the benefits and economic feasibility of proposed new systems or technologies to address climate change. They will also learn how to approach financial markets, develop a business plan and identify companies and government agencies able to fund innovative climate-friendly projects.
What we offer:
Participants will gain competencies how to successfully design climate-friendly innovations and identify suitable options for financing:
- Understand the need for climate friendly innovations
- Learn methods to assess environmental and climate benefits
- Analyse legal, economic and environmental constrains
- Analyse the financial market players and understand the role of private equity, investment funds, and societies of collective investment for climate change related entrepreneurs
Who can take part?
Individuals and groups working on innovations to address climate change, including:
- Start-up companies
- Project developer
Fees and Application
Fee for the whole course: 800 EUR.
- A 50% discount on the regular fee is available for below groups: Employees of public bodies, Climate-KIC partners (both core and affiliate partners), Employees of NGOs and Climate-KIC Alumni
- Grant applications are possible for citizens of the following countries: Cyprus, Bulgaria, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovenia.
Participation can be cancelled free of charge until 4 weeks before the course. Already paid fees will be reimbursed. 50% of course fees are payable in case of cancellation between four and one week before the course. Already paid fees will be reimbursed accordingly. Full fees apply after cancellation of less than one week before the course.
Please note that spots are limited and applications will be assessed as they come in. The deadline for registration is 30 September 2017.
For further equiries, please contact Celsa Monros: firstname.lastname@example.orgMore