18-20 October 2017
Webinar: 2 – 6 October 2017
Embedding sustainability into business model innovation!
The course - implemented in cooperation with the Bologna Business School - focuses on green business models, their design and implementation. Participants will learn the opportunities of sustainability-oriented business models, how they differ from traditional “business-as-usual” models, and how they can effectively be implemented in order to create shared value.
The course will cover key approaches and frameworks for designing new business models or reconfiguring existing ones. Insights will be offered on how to implement sustainability-oriented business models and translate them into tangible outcomes. Also covered will be how to create a monitoring framework to assess progress related to the implementation of the new or reconfigured business model.
A virtual follow-up session is planned six months after the course.
What we offer
You will be familiarized with the methods and tools that can be used within their own organisations, or supporting other partners or organizations, in the development of climate-friendly innovation projects and new business ideas. Furthermore the course gives guidance how to design or re-design the business approach of organisations. In detail, you will:
- Understand what sustainability oriented business models are and why they are important
- Be able to apply key approaches and frameworks for designing new sustainable business models or reconfiguring existing ones
- Create a monitoring framework to assess progress related to the implementation of the new or reconfigured business model.
Further Information about the course content, the coaches and the agenda is available in the Infopack.
Who can join
The course is geared towards individuals and groups in the following areas:
- Innovators and entrepreneurs working in companies
- start-ups on climate-friendly innovations
- Project developer
- Decision-makers in companies looking for new orientation for their business model
- Researchers willing to promote their climate-friendly ideas
Fees and grant application
Fee for the whole course: 800 EUR
- Course fees cover participation in the workshop, workshop material, boarding during the workshop and any site vists.
- A 50 % discount on the regular fee is available for Climate-KIC partners, public institutions, Climate-KIC alumni and NGOs.
- Participation can be cancelled free of charge until four weeks before the course. Fees already paid will be reimbursed. 50% of course fees are payable in case of cancellation later and up until one week before the course. Fees already paid will be reimbursed. Full fees apply in the case of cancellation less than one week before the course.
Climate-KIC values diversity and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of age, gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or ethnic background.
Grant applications are possible for participants of EIT Regional Innovation Scheme (EIT RIS) including citizens of the following countries: Bulgaria, Cyprus, Estonia, Latvia, Malta, Portugal, Romania, Serbia and Slovenia.
Grants cover the participation fee, workshop material, boarding during the workshop and any site vists.
Please note that places are limited and applications will be assessed on a first come first-served basis. The deadline for application is 30 September 2017.
For any further enquiry, please contact Paola Valandro: