1. The Climate-KIC team
  2. Ideating Climate Business
  3. Tuesday, April 19 2016, 10:41 AM
Please introduce yourself to your fellow course participants by completing the following three sentences:

● I am joining this course because ...
● This course will be successful for me when ...
● Within the area of climate change mitigation and adaptation, my biggest interest right now is ...

This discussion is part of the learning nugget Welcome in Ideating Climate Business.
Comment
Hi
I am Tracy.
  1. Tracy Baker
  2. 3 months ago
There are no comments made yet.
Jane Chukwudebelu Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
I am joining this course because anything that will promote sustainable development is of interest to me especially when it has to do with waste.

This course will be successful for me when I participate in all the activities that come with it by learning, sharing and exchanging ideas.

Within the area of climate change mitigation and adaptation, my biggest interest right now is mitigation while try to proffer adaptation strategies where the impact already exist.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  3. # 1
Loes Hoefnagels Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
I am joining this course because I would like to get to know more about climate change issues, sustainable development and engineering/entrepreneurial solutions in diverse socio-technical contexts. In addition, I'd like to prepare myself for the summer school The Journey that I've been accepted into :-)

This course will be successful for me when I have learned more about the complexity of the climate change problem (or, rather, opportunity) in the specific context of Europe and when I've learned the steps I may take and the tools I may use to develop ideas and solutions myself.

Within the area of climate change mitigation and adaptation, my biggest interest right now lies within the agricultural and energy sectors; both complex systems of mass-production that seriously impact our quality of life.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  3. # 2
HIKIMAH NABUKENYA Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
am joining this course because i want to take action in proper management of e-wastes

This course will be successful for me when I participate in all the activities that come with it by learning, sharing and exchanging ideas.

Within the area of climate change mitigation and adaptation, my interest is now in mitigation ie reduction of green house gases
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  3. # 3
HIKIMAH NABUKENYA Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
am joining this course because i want to take action in proper management of e-wastes

Within the area of climate change mitigation and adaptation, my interest is now in mitigation ie reduction of green house gases
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  3. # 4
Casper Roos Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
I am joining this course because I would like to get some ideas where I can contribute to and being able to gain an understanding of which actions have more impact than others

This course will be successful for me when I have come up with several business ideas that I think are worth exploring

Within the area of climate change mitigation and adaptation, my biggest interest right now is to match electricity demand and supply in real time, which can have a variety of solutions, but mainly energy storage, demand side management technologies or new renewable technologies that are controllable
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  3. # 5
Luis Andres Aguilar mayorga Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Hi everyone, my name is Luis, I'm from Guatemala and I'll join the Lund-Munich-Wroclaw Journey 2016.

I am joining this course because I want to take part in finding and implementing sustainable business solutions that will have an impact in our world.

This course will be successful for me when I have discovered and explored potential business ideas developed in teamwork with peers within the Climate-KIC network, through the discussions forums, the workshops and the offered courses.

Within the area of climate change mitigation and adaptation, my biggest interest right now is the Smart Grid implementation with the current technology infrastructure that will allow the involvement of prosumers and new business models that will foster a more sustainable economy.

Looking forward to meet you guys!
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  3. # 6
Maxe van Heeswijk Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Ciao! I'm Maxe from the The Netherlands, Amsterdam studying Industrial Design Engineering and my MSc is in Design for Interaction.

I am joining this course because I'll participate in the NL-Trondheim-Mid Wests Journey

This course will be successful for me when I have enough inspiration to work with at least in the next five years as a product designer and hopefully also being able to inspire other people how to participate in the world wide climate change issues.

Within the area of climate change mitigation and adaptation, my biggest interest right now is turn theory into practice for the mass consumer in daily life.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  3. # 7
Basil Mahfouz Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Hello there! my name is Basil Mahfouz - Lebanese/Russian grew up in Beirut, and lived in Geneva, Stuttgart, and Doha. I'm currently a Communication Consultant working with Qatar Foundation but will be leaving to pursue an MSc in Environmental Technology at Imperial College London in the Fall. I'm part of the Climate-KIC Masters Label program.

I am joining this course because I want to learn how we as individuals can can contribute to fighting climate through innovative initiatives. We can't rely only on governments and organizations to tackle the issue of climate change, I want to learn how I can get involved directly.

This course will be successful for me when I have learned the intricacies of developing a climate change related business idea and I've been equipped with the tools to be able to analyze my ideas and make them into reality.

Within the area of climate change mitigation and adaptation, my biggest interest right now is to look at consumer side ways we can decrease our carbon footprint. Collective action, no matter how small, can yield decisive results. I also am interested to look at ways we can use corporate resources to create initiatives that are beneficial to the environment, people, and the company itself.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  3. # 8
Krishna Hassomal Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Hello! I am from Spain but am currently living in Germany.

I am joining this course because I will be on the Journey 2 Summer School (Lund...) and want to be as prepared as possible to make the most out of the summer school.

This course will be successful for me when I can understand and learn the main issues, and develop an ability to expose my ideas to a forum for discussion.

Within the area of climate change mitigation and adaptation, my biggest interest right now is waste management and energy storage.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  3. # 9
Amanda Elvira Norrlander Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Hi there! My name is Amanda and I am currently studying a master's programme in sustainable development at Uppsala University in Sweden. I will join the Paris-Valencia-Wroclaw Journey 2016.

I am joining this course because I want to dig deeper into how to set my ideas into practice through entrepreneurial measures.

This course will be successful for me when I manage to form my ideas into actual projects and when I

Within the area of climate change mitigation and adaptation, my biggest interests right now are food and waste. I am especially interested in personal change and finding ways to nudge people to live more sustainably.

See you around!
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  3. # 10
Marika Samuelsson Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Hey there! I'm Marika from Sweden and Laos, and I will be beginning my masters in Environmental Technology at Imperial College London this autumn. I will be joining the Hamburg-London-West Midlands Journey 2016.

I am joining this course because I want to learn more about how to bridge the gap between the private sector and sustainability, understand the potentials and barriers and gain skills needed when implementing a business idea.

This course will be successful for me when I've gathered a deeper understanding about the interlinkages between climate change and business, and through discussions and lectures, I have gained entrepreneurial knowledge that will assist me in developing a potential business idea in the future.

Within the area of climate change mitigation and adaptation, my biggest interest right now is sustainable agriculture, renewable energy and water management.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  3. # 11
Tracy Cheung Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Hi I am Tracy. I come from Hong Kong and live in Germany now.

I am joining this course because I will join the Paris-Valencia-Wroclaw Journey this summer.

This course will be successful for me when I get know people in this field and network people with similar interest.

Within the area of climate change mitigation and adaptation, my biggest interest right now is energy transition at city level (i.e. from the use of fossil fuel to renewable energy in a political and social-technical perspectives).

Looking forward to the journey! :)
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  3. # 12
Olena Krystina Kozak-King Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Hey, I'm Olena, I English and Ukrainian but I grew up in the Middle East, in Saudi Arabia and Oman. I am participating in the Netherlands- Trondheim- West Midlands Journey this summer.

I am joining this course because I am interested in finding innovative ways to alleviate climate change and learning the business skills needed to develop a start-up business.

This course will be successful for me when I have gained further knowledge of the above and met people from all over the world with similar interests to me.

Within the area of climate change mitigation and adaptation, my biggest interest right now is sustainable finance, sustainable consumption and energy issues.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  3. # 13
Nine de Jonge Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Hey, my name is Níne. I am a Dutch cultural anthropology student. I will join the Budapest - Bologna journey.

I am joining this course because I want to further expand my knowledge on climate change and business, and to get ideas and tools to start a non-profit in this area.

This course will be successful for me when, I will be inspired to start-up something with impact. Together with meeting inspiring people, with a different worldview.

Within the area of climate change mitigation and adaptation, my biggest interest right now is sustainable consumption. Human behaviour and routines, and how these can be changed into more sustainable once. Especially food and foodwaste.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  3. # 14
Jody Vegte Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Hi!

My name is Jody.

I am joining this course because I would like to learn more about different ways to have a positive impact on the environment and society.

This course will be successful for me when I have gained more insight into the business opportunities related to climate change and sustainable development.

Within the area of climate change mitigation and adaptation, my biggest interest right now is in consumer adoption of sustainable solutions the transition to green energy and ways for combining sustainable and economic development in all parts of the world.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  3. # 15
Jorian Bakker Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Hi,

My name is Jorian. I'm from the Netherlands and a MSc student Environmental Management at the University of Amsterdam. I'm joining the Hamburg, London, West-Midlands journey at the end of july.

I am joining this course because I want to actively contribute to the energy transition. My dream is to create business cases where for all relevant stakeholders value is created from waste streams in order to shift towards a circular economy. I believe that often a gap exists between a promising technology and successful implementation because of a lack of resources. I believe that rather than having a good idea, it is key to understand how you're idea should be marketed. That is why I joined the journey.

This course will be successful for me when I have met interesting people to work and share ideas with, and ideally have set the foundations for a successful business concept.

Within the area of climate change mitigation and adaptation, my biggest interest right now is soil regeneration, sustainable clean water production (desalinisation), biobased fuels and GHG emission capture.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  3. # 16
Ana Miranda Rodriguez Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
I am joining this course because I want to learn all necessary skills I need to contribute to the climate change adaptation and mitigation initiatives in my community.

This course will be successful for me when I learn how to materialize my ideas into successful enterprises.

Within the area of climate change mitigation and adaptation, my biggest interest right now is renewable energies and community building.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  3. # 17
Macarena Machimbarrena Odriozola Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Heya, my name is Macarena. I am Spanish and in October I will be starting the Environmental Technology MSc at Imperial. I will also be participating in Journey 6 (starting in Hamburg).

I am joining this course because having studied Natural Sciences I have always been shocked by the gap between scientific innovation and its practicel implementation into society.

This course will be successful for me when I get an idea of how ideas are adapted and sold as sustainable and succesful business plans.

Within the area of climate change mitigation and adaptation, my biggest interest right now is in food security and waste disposal.

I look forward to meeting and learning from everyone during this course and at the Journey!
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  3. # 18
Linnea Gabriella Katarina Lindh Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Hello everyone! My name is Linnea and I come from Southern Sweden. I am joining this course in hope to find the field of climate change that I am most passionate about. I will also go on the Journey Paris-Valencia-Wroclaw and want to prepare and network with other participants. This course will be successful to me when I have found an idea to work further with and when I have learned more about making business in the field of climate change. Within the area of climate change mitigation and adaption, my biggest interest right now is renewable energy and fuels, I think.
Comment
Hello everyone, hope to meet you soon!

I am joining this course because I’ve always been very passionate about sustainability, and climate change is the biggest obstacle to obtaining it. I want to dedicate my professional life to that passion. I have been an entrepreneur for 4 years, working with sustainability oriented projects, I will be ding a master’s degree in renewable energy and this course is the perfect opportunity to keep developing and scaling my projects.

This course will be successful for me when I get a deeper grasp of the tools to design and execute a climate business model. The best possible scenario is to find the resources, partners and alliances to make one project a reality and achieve economic sustainability within a reasonable timeframe.

Within the area of climate change mitigation, my biggest interest right now is Urban transitions, specially shared clean energy systems and smart use of space (asset optimization). Also I have an interest in technology, and since I know some programming and understand probability and statistics and know how to apply them into modelling I am also interested in Decision Metrics and finance.
  1. Nicolas Beltran
  2. 1 year ago
Hello everyone, hope to meet you soon!

I am joining this course because I’ve always been very passionate about sustainability, and climate change is the biggest obstacle to obtaining it. I want to dedicate my professional life to that passion. I have been an entrepreneur for 4 years, working with sustainability oriented projects, I will be ding a master’s degree in renewable energy and this course is the perfect opportunity to keep developing and scaling my projects.

This course will be successful for me when I get a deeper grasp of the tools to design and execute a climate business model. The best possible scenario is to find the resources, partners and alliances to make one project a reality and achieve economic sustainability within a reasonable timeframe.

Within the area of climate change mitigation, my biggest interest right now is Urban transitions, specially shared clean energy systems and smart use of space (asset optimization). Also I have an interest in technology, and since I know some programming and understand probability and statistics and know how to apply them into modelling I am also interested in Decision Metrics and finance.
  1. Nicolas Beltran
  2. 1 year ago
  1. more than a month ago
  3. # 19
Jacobo Nieto Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
I am joining this course because it is mandatory
This course will be successful for me when I gain enough knowledge about bussiness model regarding power system and Co2 emitions comming from energy.
Within the area of climate change mitigation and adaptation, my biggest interest right now is Energy, Electricity markets
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  3. # 20

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.