1. Piret Stern Dahl
  2. E-waste Challenge
  3. Tuesday, January 26 2016, 08:33 AM
What are your expectations as you begin this course?

Tell the community about what you bring to the course (experience, interests, expertise, and so on), why the topic of e-waste interests you, and what you hope to get from participating.

This discussion is part of the learning nugget Join the community in the first module of The E-waste Challenge.
Comment
Olá, sou Rosangela, faço parte de uma ONG socioambiental no Brasil, trabalhamos com gestão de resíduos eletroeletrônicos, tendo como norte a Educação Ambiental. O processo envolve coleta, descaracterização e encaminhamento para reciclagem final. Todo nosso processo é manual, sem que haja mudança físico-química dos resíduos. Tenho interesse em trocar ideias para aprimorar cada vez mais nosso trabalho e também repassar experiências vividas. Temos um projeto para criação de Kits de robótica com sucatas para as escolas públicas. A ideia é diminuir o impacto ambiental e também a evasão escolar. Espero aprender e contribuir de alguma forma.
  1. Rosangela Candida
  2. 3 months ago
There are no comments made yet.
Pat Fogarty Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Hi, I expect to understand e-waste disposal as a global phenomenon. I also expect to gain an insight into the broader context of e-waste. I have been a consultant to, and major driving force behind, a global project implementing storage disk sanitisation and recycling. I hope to meet new contacts globally and see if I can help organisations properly implement compliant solutions.
Regards
Pat Fogarty
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. E-waste Challenge
  3. # 1
Alan Long Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Hi Everyone,
My expectations of this course are to expand and consolidate my understanding of the issues and regulations concerning e-waste.
I have 13 years' experience in the production of WEEE recycling at Coolrec Nederland and I have also picked up pieces of information over the years on the internet. I have recently completed a course on the Circular Economy though edX/TU Delft which added greatly to my knowledge of its issues. I hope to gain the same with this course.
Looking forward to working with you all.
Alan
Comment
Hey Alan,
I followed the CE edX/TU mooc as well.
Nice to be able to combine it's insights and apply it here!

kind regards,
Timmy de Vos
  1. Timmy de Vos
  2. 1 year ago
  1. more than a month ago
  2. E-waste Challenge
  3. # 2
Shelley Soetosenojo Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Hi, I hope to gain more insight into the e-waste issue on the global level and also expand my knowledge on how to address the e-waste issue on a local and national level.
I have 3 years experience at the policy level on issues regarding chemical management, POPs and hazardous waste.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. E-waste Challenge
  3. # 3
Alexander Alberto Moreta de Los Santos Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Hello everyone

My expectations of this course are to acquire an overview of the collection system, handling, generation, treatment, prevention and regulation. In addition, different challenges in the management of WEEE in those countries.
Comment
Hello to all challengers...

I want to make a difference and improve networking in may places to really do something awesome in the way to solve this environmental problem.

We are the solution, lets interact anyway possible.
  1. Gerardo Canavati
  2. 1 year ago
  1. more than a month ago
  2. E-waste Challenge
  3. # 4
Roberta Ballabio Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Hallo to everybody
I also would like to gain more insight into the e-waste issue and its impact at local so as at global level. I hope to increase my knowledge on how to address it and mainstream t in development projects. Of course I would also like to enlarge my network.
Best wishes to all of us
Roberta
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. E-waste Challenge
  3. # 5
Eduardo Garza Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
I want to know what can we do to reduce and prevent e-waste generation and how can actions made in a place can affect in other places.

Also, to know which strategies can be used to make private sector responsible about e-waste and how can information change consummer decisions about electronic products, considering a life-cycle perspective.

I am working in sustainable production and consumption issues, and e-waste is one of the main topics that is considered in the agenda.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. E-waste Challenge
  3. # 6
Efstratios Grammenis Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
I want to understand what e-waste is, how to reduce it and how to inspire my students to protect the environment.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. E-waste Challenge
  3. # 7
Antonietta Gesualdi Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
I want to learn about e-waste and what i can do about it on the community level.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. E-waste Challenge
  3. # 8
Manuel Alejandro Sánchez Olvera Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Hi, I'm from San Luis Potosi, S.L.P., Mexico. I'm actually studying at the Universidad Autonoma de San Luis Potosi which is one of the best universities here in Mexico, I chose to study a career in which I can do better in regard to environmental issues: Environmental Engineering. When I started studying, I understood that my academic formation isn't completed only if do my work at the college, so I started looking for courses like this one to get more info and be more prepared for being a professional.

I hope to be an active member of this course and meet people with the same interests in environmental problems.

Greetings!
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. E-waste Challenge
  3. # 9
Mae Paula Ross Clareza Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
I expect to learn deeply about e-waste and how can I align this new knowledge that I will soon gain as I finish the course in my advocacies.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. E-waste Challenge
  3. # 10
xin song Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Hi Everyone,
My expectations of this course are to understand the polices of each country about e-waste management.I also hope to know advanced ideas and technical aspects about e-waste, such as recovery,reuse,recycling,dismantling,disposal about WEEE,and help applying them to my country.
I also like sharing my experience about ewaste-management about my coutry to everyone.
Best regards!
Xin
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. E-waste Challenge
  3. # 11
Timmy de Vos Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Hi,
I am Timmy, initiator of the E-waste race, a competition between schools to collect e-waste from their neighborhoods. All participating schools get courses from me and my team on e-waste prevention and it's importance.

Hopefully this mooc deepens my understanding on e-waste further and helps to gain insights in existing regulations and how to work towards a more circular electronics chain. Also I hope to make interesting connections with other people that wish to tackle the trouble!
Comment
Hi Timmy, I just read your post on the E-waste race. I would love to know how you did it because I also want to make impact in my institution as well
  1. Victor Dioji
  2. 10 months ago
Olá Timmy, acredito na importância de se trabalhar com escolas, crianças e jovens tendem a levar as ideias para frente e isso é muito bom. Nossa ONG tem grande interesse em trabalhar com escolas desenvolvendo projeto de kits de robótica com sucatas de eletrônicos. Bom trabalho para você.
  1. Rosangela Candida
  2. 3 months ago
  1. more than a month ago
  2. E-waste Challenge
  3. # 12
Gulam nabi shah Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
My expectations to this courses is to gain knowledge and learn all about the E waste from handling, collection,prevention treatment, managing. Disposal, and make it a great green business. Hope we all here make it happen and make our planet a living place without any hazardous . I some where down the line feel that specially people from government and corporate sector should come forward and lend a helping hand to the people who are going to make it happen... Thanks and stay green- Gulam Nabi shah
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. E-waste Challenge
  3. # 13
Ibukun Faluyi Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
My expectation from this course is to know how to treat e-waste in an environmentally sound manner.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. E-waste Challenge
  3. # 14
Benson Dotun Fasanya Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
I am so excited because i believe this MOOC will help deepens my understanding on e-waste further and helps me gain practical insights in existing regulations and how to work towards a more circular electronics chain.

I hope to network with other people that wish to tackle the growing problem at local, national and internal level.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. E-waste Challenge
  3. # 15
Susanne Karcher Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Learning from each other how to solve the e-waste problem globally starting by sharing our national strategies...
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. E-waste Challenge
  3. # 16
Maria Monserrat Bellande Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Hi everyone, my expectation is to start getting inside de waste stream environment. Im not that familiar with e-waste so I would like to learn how to work with it, some strategies, regulations, etc.
Thanks
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. E-waste Challenge
  3. # 17
Siria Arlett Cortés Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Hi Everyone
I`m Siria and I hope be part of this huge project about E-learning on E-waste Sound Management. I'm from Mexico, a country that recently is learning about management waste. In Mexico we have environmental laws, enterprises recyclers and non governmental organisations working in E-waste management but majority mexicans aren't involved in recycle culture. So here is my expectation, I want to contribute this opportunity that our technology still can be a way to create a better world not a grey world.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. E-waste Challenge
  3. # 18
Marie-Helene ENRICI Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
My expectations are both personal and professional ones:
- on personal aspects, I really need to better understand the different possibilities of collect and recycling of ewaste. As many citizen, I am able to bring my ewaste to municipal waste treatment centres. Nevertheless this is far from a general behaviour: I can see several neighbours releasing their ewaste to the dustbins. So, I would like to be an actor. I would not like only to "give lessons" but I would like to be able to explain a little bit more why this is important and the different solutions that exist.
- on professional aspects, being an ecotoxicologist I know the possible impact to the environment/health of all contaminants associated with ewaste. I would like to invesitgate about the recycling topic in my company. We have responsible care management systems in place but I am not aware about any significant recycling activities apart from one activity with the recycling of lamps that had to close because of low profit.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. E-waste Challenge
  3. # 19
Eduardo Ríos Patrón Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Hello to all !!

I am happy to begin the E-Waste Challenge MOOC. I've being working for 11 years in the Federal Minister of Environment in Mexico at an State Delegation especifically in Michoacán, there I am the responsable of planning. This topic interest me a lot because I think I can do a lot from a local perspective from a Federal Environmental Authority working with Local Government because the "Special Managemente Disposal" are a competence of Local Authority but if this disposals turn into dangerous disposal its a Federal Atribution or competence. I hope that with this course I could be able to push local sinergies for E-Waste management.

From Morelia, Michoacán, México

Eduardo Ríos Patrón
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. E-waste Challenge
  3. # 20
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.