I look forward to hearing more about your PhD, as one of the projects I am involved in is to develop learning materials around the whole topic of sustainable cities. The whole area of sharing and transferring best practice is a key aspect of what we are trying to achieve with our programmes.
This sounds great Petra! I am looking forward to meet you in Berlin and discuss on this topic. I think your experiences and work will be really helpful and give practical implication for my research!
See you soon,
My topic is "Governance of Low-Carbon Transitions in European Cities", and its key message is:
- What are the governance challenges in creating environmentally sustainable cities?
- Can ideas about ‘network governance’ enhance adaption to climate change by improving interaction between citizens, businesses, associations and governments?
In simple words: can partnerships and cooperation between the public and private sector speed up the transition to a low-.carbon society?
Here are my key messages:
(1) Bio-energy can play a veyr important role in building a circular urban system and mitigating climate change.
(2) Good bio-energy policies need to be provided in order to support the transition to sustainable and smart cities.
(3) Human behaviour (e.g. peer pressure) effect on the diffusion of bio-based technologies can't be ignored.