1. KEITUMETSE TSUBANE
  2. E-waste Challenge
  3. Monday, May 09 2016, 01:22 PM
Having learned that about 70% of materials that have built a cellphone are recyclable, there is dire need for proper sustainable information dissemination surrounding issues of WEEE. In that way, people especially in the developing countries will be capacitated to start projects as economies in such countries are grumbling especially for people at the grassroots. Awareness campaigns to make people appreciate businesses and projects that can come as a result of sustainable WEEE. This course is such an eye opener
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Marie-Helene ENRICI Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Ys I share your views. The real issue is that we have ato find the right balance between technical progress and inovation and economic success for concerned companies and actual payback cost. I mean " reuse and repair" is not only the solution, the real cost for any recycling process should be anticipated from conception and then be paid either by consumer or by the company that put on the market the electronic device. How to find the right balance between progress and responsibie care?
Comment
what is your suggestion to reuse and repair?
  1. Md Alamgir Hossain
  2. 12 months ago
  1. more than a month ago
  2. E-waste Challenge
  3. # 1
DUNCAN MWANGI Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Yes, everyone should be concerned about e-waste even I in Kenya. Remember human beings are the most important asset on earth. They cannot be recycled, hence they must be protected at all cost. Its important that all effort in research be geared to this by all stakeholders of goodwill. My plans are that; as a welding and fabrication instructor, I should make saleable items from e-waste scrap eg. toys.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. E-waste Challenge
  3. # 2
Votes
Undo
hi Marie. I get you but am defining the real situation in my vicinity. remember in Africa we have many challenges. hence any slight effort should not be under valued. Rather than having heaps of waste , its better they be re-used in whatever form. how ragged they are isn't the worry but the impact of waste.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. E-waste Challenge
  3. # 3
Votes
Undo
Hallo everyone. Please come forward and let us share. if you get onto this please reply. Goodbye for tonight.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. E-waste Challenge
  3. # 4
Md Alamgir Hossain Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
I think there is no universal definition of e-waste. The term broadly includes than electronic waste. We discard everyday a lot of household products which also include many e-waste. If we look around us we see a huge quantity of small equipment for example my printer toner cartridge, batteries of toys and mobile phone, charger, musical instrument ,lamps, wires, tyre, tools etcetera all inside my e-waste.
So good practice in re-cycling e-waste will be the next main challenge for our planet for sustainable development.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. E-waste Challenge
  3. # 5
Rosangela Candida Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. E-waste Challenge
  3. # 6
AGUILAR NOGUEDA Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
" El destino final de estos elementos se hizo rastreable para que estuviéramos seguros de que el material no iría para un vertedero "

Christophe de Gouvello
director del proyecto Energía Más en el Banco Mundial
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. E-waste Challenge
  3. # 7
Nicolas Sarmiento Sierra Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Education remains as the core element in order to attract stakeholder ( general public, consumers, producers, service industries..) towards a proper recycling scheme. For a recycling system to work not only technological availability play a role. While instruments to recover valued materials exist, a wide gap in the correct disposal of electronic equipment exist. Legislation helps to prevent further damaging practices, but awareness and empowering the people to play an active role are still a challenge that involves more than political barriers. Stakeholders are all users of electronic devices. Exemplary behavior of recycling conducts depends on those leading the track to implement the best and most viable tactics to educate the population. We are searching the right direction to prevent further degeneration of our ecosystems, nevertheless each one of us, independent of the social, religious or political affiliation need to understand the challenges we are facing and the amount of financial and social benefits we could achieve, once information is spread and the right managing and recycling tools are widely introduce.
  Berlin, Germany
Visit 
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. E-waste Challenge
  3. # 8
Higor Rafael Lopes do Nascimento Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Countries do not yet have an adequate disposal model for their citizens. We need to innovate in order to actually have the garbage totally discarded correctly and not everything totally blended and impregnated and leaving them totally inappropriate and unfeasible for recycling.
References
  1. https://www.eso-a.org.br/descarte-projeto-autossustentavel
  Santa Teresa, Rio de Janeiro - State of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Visit 
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. E-waste Challenge
  3. # 9
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.